The Arizona estate planning lawyers at Jennings, Haug & Cunningham, LLP work with many family-business owners as they engage in business succession planning to ensure an orderly transfer of ownership of a business and comprehensive asset protection. We also assist individuals with their estate planning needs.
Estate planning clients have a variety of goals that they seek to achieve with the assistance of an estate planning attorney. They hope to:
- Provide for the ongoing care and support of children or elders
- Distribute an estate to heirs with minimal loss to estate taxes or appraisal fees
- Retain control over assets or access to assets that are being set aside for future generations
- Ensure that preferences are followed regarding medical treatment should he or she become incapacitated
- Plan for the orderly succession of leadership in a family-owned business
- Bestow assets to a favorite charity
- Establish a family foundation to continue a tradition of charitable giving
Our experienced estate planning lawyers present clients with information about the full range of tools available to meet their goals and provide accurate and thorough document preparation to ensure that the client's intentions are followed and will contests avoided. Our Arizona estate planning attorneys assist with:
Basic Estate Planning Tools
- Wills and living wills
- Trusts, revocable trusts, and living trusts
Advanced Estate Planning Tools
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts (to defer taxes)
- Family limited partnerships (to minimize taxes) or discount family limited partnerships
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable family limited partnerships
- Charitable lead trusts
- Family foundations
- Reorganization of a business
- Qualified personal resident trusts
Probate & Estate Administration
The probate and estate attorneys at Jennings, Haug & Cunningham are available to provide legal counsel to the executor of an estate or to handle the complete process of estate administration.
The attorney practicing in the firm's estate planning, trust and probate section is Hillary P. Gagnon.
The law firm of Jennings, Haug & Cunningham, LLP serves the people of Phoenix and other major cities in the state of Arizona, including greater metropolitan Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, and Prescott.
Recent articles by our lawyers on current estate planning legal matters.