Jennings, Haug & Cunningham, LLP is a full-service business law firm. Our business planning lawyers provide legal counsel and litigation services to clients in a wide variety of industries, particularly the construction industry, insurance industry, surety and fidelity industry, leasing companies, banks and lending companies. We serve local companies and national companies with business interests in Arizona or the Southwest.
Our services to business begin when a prospective owner seeks to structure a new business, and continues through the life of a business to the time of sale or closure.
- Assist clients in selecting an appropriate business structure: sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company (llc), limited liability partnerships (llp), s-corporation, c-corporation
- Prepare articles of incorporation and draft other business formation documents, including partnership agreements
- Financing business start-ups
- Draft, negotiate or review business and employment contracts
- Assist with the purchase of a business
- Assist with acquisition or leasing of a business property
- Provide legal counsel on business decision-making and business planning
- Structure business transactions
- Advise on labor management concerns and ensure compliance with relevant employment laws
- Advise on the transfer of a business to a successor upon the death of a business owner
Closing of a Business
- Assist with the valuation and sale of a business
- Draft buy-sell agreements
- Assist a financially distressed business with pre-bankruptcy analysis and review of business restructuring options, workout plans and sale of assets
- Assist businesses in filing for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 or Chapter 12
Banking, Finance and Leasing
The commercial leasing law firm of Jennings, Haug & Cunningham represents financial institutions, banks, lenders, borrowers and lessors. We provide legal counsel for a variety of lending and leasing transactions, including:
- Raw land acquisition and development
- Asset-based financing
- Equipment leasing
- Real property leasing
- Personal property leasing
- Credit lines
- Lessor financing
Our business financing attorneys assist clients in the following ways:
- Negotiate and draft loan and lease documents
- Assist with loan closings
- Complete title work
- Advise on secured transactions
- Enforcement on loan or lease agreements
Our Mediation and Conference Center. Equipped with digital audio and video technology and wireless, high-speed internet and intranet connections, the Center supports the alternative dispute resolution processes of mediation and arbitration. Heading the firm's arbitration and mediation practice are William F. Haug, with 35 years of service as a mediator and arbitrator in construction law and business law, and Chad L. Schexnayder, with a decade of service as a Superior Court Judge pro tem and twenty years experience in business law.
The Arizona business financing attorneys at Jennings, Haug & Cunningham are: Mark E. Barker, Corey R. Foley, D. Kim Lough, Elan S. Mizrahi, Travis A. Pacheco, Emily K. Pokora, John G. Sinodis, Matthew H. Sloan, Joseph A. Brophy, John M. Sticht, and Christopher R. Stovall.
Contact the Arizona business lawyers at Jennings, Haug & Cunningham, LLP. We serve businesses of all sizes, particularly in the construction, banking, real estate and insurance industries, in Phoenix and throughout the state of Arizona, including greater metropolitan Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott and accept select cases throughout the southwest United States, California and Nevada.
Recent articles by our lawyers on current business law legal matters.